среда, 26 февраля 2014 г.

TIPS FOR TRAINING

At last you are ready to begin training. Whether you are training simply to improve your cardiovascular fitness, because you aspire to conquer the English Channel, or because you want to compete in the Iron Man Triathlon, chances are you will use the freestyle most of the time. But try to incorporate the other strokes into your workouts as well.
Variety is the spice of life, and, as emphasized earlier, one of the most appealing things about swimming is the great variety of ways you can use it to work your body and cardiovascular system. I also suggest that you use flip turns during practice sessions. (Of course, if you are in an ocean or a lake, there won’t be a whole lot of opportunities to do flip turns.) But doing them in practice will keep you from grabbing an extra second or two of rest on the turns, and it will help increase your lung capacity. For years I avoided doing flip turns on swims over a hundred yards. Then, six years ago, I simply made up my mind I would do them on every turn when I was swimming freestyle. Within a few weeks I had achieved my goal. Now it is simply a matter of course that I flip all my turns.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий